Tuesday, March 3, 2009
There have been a lot of things lately that have just made me smile, so I have to share:
1. Cole has very good manners for a two year old. He says please, thank you and your welcome. He also say bless you, whether you sneeze, cough, burp or clear your throat - or sometimes when you haven't made a sound. He also wants to hear you say thank you after he blesses you, so he'll keep saying it until then. I love it.
2. The Blythe weather. We're having that 'lasts about two weeks, perfect, beautiful, this is why we live here' weather right now.
3. Twilight. We were 'given' a pirated copy and whenever I have any time to myself I am always watching it and skipping to the parts I love.
4. Good home cooked food. We cook dinner six out of seven days a week on a normal basis, but lately we have been exploring our culinary talents. And we (Danny & I) are actually a pretty good team in the kitchen. My husband is THEE grill master and can pan sear some salmon like no other!!
5. My gardening project. It is still in the preplanning phase, but when it comes together I hope it really brings something special to our home and I hope Cole will enjoy doing it with me.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I really miss my girlfriends at times - well, I miss them all when they aren't around. It's been nice having Morgan so close and being able to call or see her whenever I need her. Not that I can't call the other girls, but they all know how bad I am with the calling, returning calls, etc. It really is something that I need to work on.
But to get back to it - I really miss us all being together. I would have to say that when the four of us lived together, it was one of the funnest times I've ever had. We lived together for what? - 3 years? 2 years? College wouldn't have been the same experience without them. And Thanksgiving wouldn't be either. It is the one holiday that we all (usually) reconnect and get to do what we seem to do very well together: COOK. :)
Anyway, I love them. And I want them to be in mine and my family's life until we're all old and gray. I can't wait....well, I can, but you know what I mean.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
It was one heck of a week. Last Saturday, Reid woke up with a fever. I thought it wasn't more than a teething temperature, but when Sunday evening came around he had acquired a runny nose and cough. We went to the doctor Monday morning and were told that he was quite ill. Two ear infections, sore throat and pneumonia. (!!!!!) I felt so bad for my little guy and felt that it was my fault that things had gotten so bad.
On Wednesday, after multiple meds and breathing treatments, Reid starts feeling better, but Cole starts with the fever. I stayed home from work all week with the exception of a couple mommy-and-me work mornings to quickly get some things done.
Needless to say, it has been a full week since it all started and both of the boys are getting better more and more everyday. It's been rough, but hopefully we've seen the end of the sickies for this winter. (Fingers crossed!) What a way to start 2009!!?!